Thursday, January 31, 2008

My first canvas


I am starting to get photos loaded of all of the projects I have been doing with my Cocoa Daisy Kit. It will be available to order starting tomorrow!


This is the first canvas I have ever done. A little bit intimidating but it was super fun to change it up and work with something different in a different size.
I love this photo of Tiara from last summer thinking she could fly. And we often talk to her about faith helping her through tough times, this is a perfect reminder for her to to hang in her room. She LOVES it!


It was so very cool when this kit arrived..... neat to open this box of goodies that felt like it was custom designed just for ME!
I guess it kind of was :)
It is made up of all of my favorite things to play with,
So for me it is a real box full of inspiration.


There are some fabrics and really cool tins, Making Memories glitter sticker sheets (you can see peeking out under my stamps in the other post) and cool Ki memories lace cardstock. The very cool new thick overlays from Hambly, lots of yummy distressed papers and all kinds of goodies that make me want to create

On this canvas I used the crochet lace wrap from Fancy Pants, the rub -on wings from Hambly ( I love these rub-ons they are silk screened so feel nice and thick like they are painted on your page), a sheet of notebook paper from Making memories adorable noteworthy notebooks ( you get 5 different sheets in the kit) and I used the left over negative sticker from the 7 gypsies label book in the kit as a mask to paint the circles, highlighting them with the super fun silver leafing pen for a bit of sparkle ( I LOVE this thing!!!)



I have been working on detailed instructions with photos of all of my projects so that those who purchase the kit will have a guide to go by if they want to play along. Just a fun little extra goodie. Stay tuned for some more projects I will keep on posting them as I load the pics!

ETA: for those of you that have been emailing me with some photo questions- This step shot was taken at night by lamp light. ( see the big shadows on the paint bottles?)
How is it so bright?
A few things. First I am using an external flash that is pointed up to bounce off of the ceiling so that it spreads out and lights the area but does not create that harsh flash light that happens when it is aimed directly at the subject.
Then I also have my white balance set for indoor lighting so that the photos do not reflect the yellow light of the lamp. I am also using my 50 mm lens ( a new happy toy) which is pretty incredible for indoor low light settings, and I have my aperture set all the way down to 1.8 which is as open as it goes with this lens to let the most light in.
Hope this helps!
There are only so many hours in a day, can't always stop when the sun goes down :)

No comments: