Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A card-a-day {#1}


Somehow it is already that time of year- There is a tell tale chill in the air, you can "smell" winter coming, the leaves have let go of their branches and that means it is time to start thinking about Christmas plans, wish lists and Christmas cards! ( already?! I know , I know, I am not quite ready either, but I guess I never really am)

Getting in the mood pretty quickly though thanks to good inspiration! I am really excited to have the chance to play with my friend Becky Higgins' CK Kit of the Month for November; it is an ultra cute Christmas card kit with plenty of extras. An amazing value! check out her details here.

Creating makes me happy and Christmas time makes me even happier so I thought it might be fun to make a card a day for a bit! Here is our Christmas card from last year, and the little ones the kids gave their friends as well as one I made for some good friends of ours. I think this year I will do cards from Becky's kit especially since they come with such adorable envelopes! ( I will show you those another day) I love the colors she chose; adding a touch of pink to Christmas is always a good thing IMO :) The designs are super fun too; finished enough to make these so quick and easy to do and yet plenty of room to have freedom to play. Of course if given the option I always chose to play hee hee- So for this first card I added some finds I had around the house- A torn cardboard paper circle, touches of black pen, stitching, floss knot tree ornaments with a bling star to top it off just right. Some jute twine, and a bit of puff paint and glitter glue.

Hope I've got your creative wheels turning!

See you tomorrow ;)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Candi Tardio said...

i love how you added your special *touch*....i am soooo getting this kit!
can't wait to see the other cards you do :]

Latrice said...

Great card!! I did this on my blog too. It's called the 12 days of christmas cards :) I'll check yours if you check mine. Talk to later. CD!!

Unknown said...

trchat

whatsapp plus apk said...

Amazing Information! Thanks for sharing it as a blog. fmwhatsapp