Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Time to hear

My post for Tuesday this week is a simple one of slight frustration. I love my life and I usually love all of the small voices in my life all of the "mommmm"-ing is a sweet sound to my ears. The sounds of my children in my house tells me I am so very Blessed. I love their giggles, and their songs and their sweet questions for me. And when they disagree with one another I smile at how lucky they are to have siblings...But today I have a very loud screaming preschooler who has forgotten all of her " kind voice" teachings, a tired whiney monkey of a busy toddler and a wonderfully chatty girl, all who I adore. But I feel somewhat as though I live in a noisy zoo, it is as though I cannot even her myself think, my own quiet inner voice is being drowned out by the busyness around me and I wanted so badly to eat my supper alone up in my room but of course did nothing of the sort. I need time to hear my thoughts, my own inner voice, I need peace to hear God.

3 comments:

My Life and My Loves said...

ah. i remember those days. you didn't ask for advice so i won't be offended if you just hit delete! :)

i trained my 2 to have quiet time. just starting for 5 or 10 minutes on the timer - just no noise or talking - no having to sit still - just being peaceful. it really helped in the long run.

now both of my teens love a quiet, peaceful house. (at least sometimes! ha!) lauren

Anonymous said...

Always remember you're never alone in those feelings. It's so hard when they're at their craziest to remember that we need to be thankful for them.

And that's okay. Because beneath the frustration we'd be lost without them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this post is rather refreshing to me. It shows that you're human.

After reading your blogs for a few months, I was beginning to wonder if you were an agent from heaven or something. (;