Sunday, August 13, 2006

Outside the box with patterned paper

click on image to view larger
ok, this week really is my Outside the box challenge over at Scrap Artist! Sorry for the false alarm last week :) I like this challenge I think it is fun, and I wish I did this more often! what it is is cutting shapes from your patterned paper and using them to embelish your layout. you can do this by selecting and removing the background so that only the shapes remain, or by removing the background from only one part by hand ( digitally) and if you're working with good ol' paper then pick up those scissors and get cutting!!! remember to come over and show us your pages in the OTB gallery, and come say Hi in the forum ok?!

I made this anniversary card and cut the flowers out from Lisa cohen's Tropical hideaway paper, all of the embelishments are from Michelle Coleman's Savoir Faire.
An example of cutting away the background and using the whole paper is down below if you scroll to my post called "Thinking Face" where I used the spots to embelish the page.
Hope you join in the fun!!! Happy Sunday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute card!

Baird Family said...

Way cute! I love your blog. You'll have to tell me how to customize it! Thanks.

Melissa said...

wow such a fun and pretty card!!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is off topic (love the card BTW) but you would be a perfect person to design those sketch templates people are selling nowadays. You have a such a highly refined sense of composition and placement that I know they would be great. Just a though that came to me.