Friday, September 23, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream!!!

YES, You read right this week's link Lovin' goes to seriously delish, homemade, 5 minute, SUPER easy, tastes like soft serve 
ICE CREAM!!!

 I would be lying if I said it is only fun for the kids, IT IS AWESOME FUN FOR MEEE!!!
We had done this as part of science waaaay back in Emy's preschool days, and I LOVED it then, but with a busy toddler at the time and then another baby filling my heart and food making mind, I went on to totally forget about ice cream in a bag until I found This Link.
Yayy internet, and yayy pinterest!
The girls and I got right to adding this to our "fun to-do" list, and it was as Rad as I remembered! 
We did a batch with cream, and a batch for Tiara with vanilla soy milk. both were super, I actually liked the soy version better, kids liked the cream.

Here's what you need:
- small snack baggies, and larger sandwich or medium baggies
-2 TBSP sugar ( I did only 1 to make it slightly healthier)
-1 cup of Soy milk for lactose free, or Cream (either half & half or light cream, mmmmm)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup salt; any kind is fine (I used sea salt)
- plenty of ice; you may want to pick up a bag if you don't have an ice maker
-hungry tummies!

1. fill your larger zip-loc about half full with ice and sprinkle the salt over it
2. Mix the soy milk or cream, sugar, and vanilla in your wee snack bags and zip them up good and tight. ( we used sandwich bags the first time cuz we had no wee snack bags)
 3. Jump, dance and Shake what your mama gave ya
4. Check on your mixture and if it isn't frozen yet SHAKE some more!
( ours took about 4 or 5 minutes, bit longer for the cream)

 
 5. when it is thick and frozen you can grab a spoon and eat it right out of the bag! Tiara dumped hers into a cup cuz that's how she rolls
6. Grin like crazy with the amount of happiness in your tummy and the sillies you have worked up from dancing around with a chilly bag!!!
WHOOT

OK I have an assignment for you; if you try any of our our Link Lovin' ideas and love 'em, let me know! It will make the girls' day. seriously. They help me get the pics and always ask me, "mama can you show people on your blog?"

Last but not least, I am out of the country adventuring right now, will post more on that later, so if I owe you an email please be patient with me, life is calling!

No comments: