Wednesday, April 12, 2006

a time for everything - my art journal entry

click on image to view larger

As promised, here is my next art journal entry for Rhonna's {21} day challenge. This one was for day 15 of the challenge. After going away with my family for the weekend I was starting to feel like I had failed myself a bit by pretty much giving up the challenge completely for a few days, then this bible verse kept popping into my mind. "there is a time for everything and everything on earth has its special season" this is Ecclesiastes 3:1. I guess I just realized that although there is a time for doing this challenge and working hard at it, there is also a time where I need to be ok with letting go completely and simply enjoying my family and fun in a new and exciting setting! the journaling says: "As I return home from a weekend vacation with my family, I think of this verse. I have committed to creating a new schedule for us and sticking with it for 21 days, but there is really no way on a quick trip of shopping and swimming , eating out and sleeping in a strange place that we could even come close to the day I have planned out for us. I could be down on myself for letting up on my challenge for a couple days but instead I chose to hang on to these wise words from the Bible “there is a time for everything” and I realize how often I need to be reminded of this and just....let go a little! Our trip was a time for fun and a time for family and definitely a time to shop! now that we are back home it is once again a time to organize our day in a way that will be enriching to us all.... It is so often that I forget to just let go of what is “supposed to” happen and fully enjoy the moment. I am thankful for this gentle reminder that there really is a time for everything"


for a list of supplies click HERE
My thought for now is that I really hope you can all see the "times" in your life and embrace the moments before you!
I will try to get some trip photos loaded tomorrow and tell a bit about our fantastic little getaway!

 Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anna Aspnes said...

Great page! And YES!! I can totally identify :)

My Life and My Loves said...

love it! lauren

rosieposie said...

Love your page & your blog is great!

Erica said...

I love your pages! I just found your site and you are super talented! I agree with you about Ecc..there is time for everything. I just need to make it :)

Erica
http://www.freescrapblogs.com/simpleinspirations/

Lisa said...

Love your page. Love the way you have done your blog.

Lilli said...

I love these electric pastel colours. We sure need them after a c-cold winter! I really like your blog: I find it peaceful and positive :)

sarah.b said...

this is really beautiful, so many layers and so much to look at, just makes me happy

Amber Joy said...

so glad you had that special 'time'.

Alparslan said...

Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat Diyet Makyaj Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat Güzel Sözler Aşk sözleri Aşk mesajları Etkileyici Sözler Günaydın Mesajları Video izle aşk şiirleri Aşk sözleri Güzel Aşk sözleri Aşk mesajları Msn Nickleri Msn Nickleri Radyo Dinle oyun Güvenlik Sistemleri Kamelya Wushu şiir aşk resimleri Güzel Sözler Aşk mesajları Yeni Aşk Sözleri Hazır Sözler aşk şiiri çok güzel sözler Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat