Wednesday, April 12, 2006

a time for everything - my art journal entry

click on image to view larger

As promised, here is my next art journal entry for Rhonna's {21} day challenge. This one was for day 15 of the challenge. After going away with my family for the weekend I was starting to feel like I had failed myself a bit by pretty much giving up the challenge completely for a few days, then this bible verse kept popping into my mind. "there is a time for everything and everything on earth has its special season" this is Ecclesiastes 3:1. I guess I just realized that although there is a time for doing this challenge and working hard at it, there is also a time where I need to be ok with letting go completely and simply enjoying my family and fun in a new and exciting setting! the journaling says: "As I return home from a weekend vacation with my family, I think of this verse. I have committed to creating a new schedule for us and sticking with it for 21 days, but there is really no way on a quick trip of shopping and swimming , eating out and sleeping in a strange place that we could even come close to the day I have planned out for us. I could be down on myself for letting up on my challenge for a couple days but instead I chose to hang on to these wise words from the Bible “there is a time for everything” and I realize how often I need to be reminded of this and just....let go a little! Our trip was a time for fun and a time for family and definitely a time to shop! now that we are back home it is once again a time to organize our day in a way that will be enriching to us all.... It is so often that I forget to just let go of what is “supposed to” happen and fully enjoy the moment. I am thankful for this gentle reminder that there really is a time for everything"


for a list of supplies click HERE
My thought for now is that I really hope you can all see the "times" in your life and embrace the moments before you!
I will try to get some trip photos loaded tomorrow and tell a bit about our fantastic little getaway!

 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

My Life and My Loves said...

love it! lauren

Anonymous said...

Love your page & your blog is great!

Anonymous said...

I love your pages! I just found your site and you are super talented! I agree with you about Ecc..there is time for everything. I just need to make it :)

Erica
http://www.freescrapblogs.com/simpleinspirations/

Lisa W said...

Love your page. Love the way you have done your blog.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I love these electric pastel colours. We sure need them after a c-cold winter! I really like your blog: I find it peaceful and positive :)

sarah.b said...

this is really beautiful, so many layers and so much to look at, just makes me happy

Amber Joy said...

so glad you had that special 'time'.